Either from a first person perspective, or even through other people, the things we see in life makes me crazy. We experience life, death, happiness and sadness. Extreme emotions and events all shape us into who we become. Some people come out on the other end just fine, they endured the worst and they still have the stamina to keep on with life. Some people, though, crumble into the dirt. Some of them give up as soon as the going gets tough, others hold out for years. I can tell you from experience, the is a light at the end of the tunnel. In some aspects of my life, it's taken over ten years. In others, over eight years. In yet another way, it's taken over four. I am here, with a beating heart, a sometimes clear mind, and a hell of a lot of life experience for a nineteen year old. I have seen so many people drift through life with no problem. Yet I have also seen people struggle with everything that is placed in front of them, myself being one of those people. For so long, I thought I would never get out of the horrible state of mind I was in. It's taken a very long time, but I am beginning to learn that things do get better. It's not a light switch. It will not come easily. I know, though, that you all have something to live for. It may seem small, but if it saves your life in one way or another, it's not that small. I know the one thing that keeps me going, is my mom and Nana. Not just because they are my family, but because they have both struggled with things, totally different things. My mom has struggled with money for the last few years. She has been so close to being evicted more time then I can count. My Nana is blind and had a stroke last year. But no matter what happens to either of them, they keep going. That is what I strive to be like. Find what keeps you going and hold on to it. Don't let go.
My dreams, they are what I live for now.
ReplyDelete