Pages

2.28.2011

Rant

Alright, I'm getting really sick of people acting like the understand what I've been through. I could sit here and tell you my entire life story, but I'm not going to. To put it simply, my life, since the age of six, has been pure hell. Not the "my mom won't let me go out on a school night" kind of 'hell'. I'm talking about absolute, pure, overtaking-my-life-kind of hell. It has only been in the last year or so that things have started looking up for me. I just don't understand why people lie about something just to receive a sympathetic ear. Well, it's not going to come from me. Do you honestly think that you are "cooler" because you lie about something that people actually go to therapy or in-patient to try to get over? Now, I may not know someone's entire life story, but it seems pretty damn fishy to me when they say for YEARS "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry.. I can't imagine going through that.." yet now they say "Oh yeah.. I went through that when I was a kid too.." I mean really? Like I wouldn't catch on? Don't sit there and tell me that you have the worst life in the world, because there are hundreds upon thousands of people who have it way worse than you do.

/rant.

4 comments:

  1. ajdskfj I hate that. I'm not one who is all about saying I know what someone's going through, but if I do have something similar to say or have a story that might make someone feel better about how they were treated as a kid, I'm all for sharing if they ask. However, I don't think I really jump in there and say "YEAH WELL, ME TOO!" which I'm proud of. Sometimes I get sick of people acting like their lives have been hard.

    On the upside, my dear. When you do eventually do that giveaway you mentioned, I'd like to make something for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SERIOUSLY! I know, it's so freaking stupid. I wish I could just slap people. :|

    YAAAY! That would be AWESOME! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there is always someone with a worse life then you have. That's something a lot of people need to tell themselves. Theres millions of people who have had a terrible childhood, it's so awful people try to make it into some competition of who had it worse. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactlyyy! And that's what the person I'm talking about it trying to do. I don't like talking ill of people, that's why they will remain nameless, but sometimes - things just REALLY piss me off!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Take care!